Treat Yourself to Milwaukee's Best Prenatal Massage!
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
You probably already know that the next 9 months are going to be an up and down, up and down roller coaster of emotional fluctuations.
Every mom we talk to tells us that while the the journey of pregnancy is beautiful and sacred, it can be taxing on your mental well being.
Your patience is tested. Things and people "get to you" much more than they normally do and your mood is a bit less predictable. (How was that for diplomatic? :) )
You're going to be going through lots of physical changes too -- those not so subtle changes to your spine, pelvis, hips, waistline, stomach and body chemistry take a toll on you.
Since most medications are off limits during pregnancy, you're limited in what you can do to treat those ongoing muscle aches, headaches, soreness and tender spots all over your body.
When your whole body aches and you have tension headaches that won't go away, it is hard to stay positive and revel in the "miracle of pregnancy"!!
That's why a weekly or monthly prenatal massage from Milwaukee's Best Massage is going to help you feel your best; mental, physically and spiritually.
Pregnant moms in and around the Milwaukee area (we have visitors from all over the world) trust us to provide an exceptional full body prenatal massage.
It's the perfect way to keep them sane and grounded, and to help their bodies to cope with...
- Headaches (Tension headaches are common during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester.)
- Leg Cramps (may be caused by the additional pregnancy weight and pressure from your growing uterus)
- Pelvis pain (the right kind of stretches can really help)
- Upper back, lower back and buttock pain
- Hip pain
- Hand and finger numbness
- Round ligament pain (a brief, sharp, stabbing pain or a longer-lasting dull ache that pregnant women commonly feel in the lower abdomen or groin, starting in the second trimester)
And we deliver on our promise of giving the best prenatal massages in Milwaukee. Your massages here are a soothing, relaxing experience that gives your whole body relief from tension, transporting you to a state of bliss.
Our sensational prenatal massage gives you all the benefits of traditional massage —
- Relaxing tense muscles
- Easing sore spots
- Improving circulation and mobility
- Realigning your pent up energy centers
- Improving your range of motion
But it's also tailored specifically to the needs of pregnant women and their changing bodies.
As a result of your prenatal (pregnancy) massages here at Milwaukee's Best Massage here is what you can expect...
- Greater feelings of tranquility and peace of mind
- Relaxation and reduced stress
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, calves, hips, and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation (which can reduce swelling and remove toxins from your body)
- Reduced stress on weight-bearing joints
- Better pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Reduced swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Relief from sciatic pain
- Release of tense muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Improvement if your ability to sleep without waking up (insomnia relief too)
- Less fatigue
- A stronger immune system
- Less pain
- Greater emotional well being caused via the release of trigger points (although we avoid key acupressure points that have a bearing down effect)
- A natural high caused by the release of endorphins stimulated during the massage
- Lowered feelings of anxiety or depression
- Greater self esteem and personal empowerment
- Improved outcome of labor and eases labor pain
The most important benefit of a prenatal massage at Milwaukee's Best? You will feel amazing all over!
And since you have specific preferences and your body is experiencing a unique set of challenges, our trained therapists adjust their prenatal massage techniques accordingly.
Your trained massage therapist will give you the muscle relief and light stretches you crave. They will also give you the tender touch that covers your whole body in goose bumps, restores you and just makes you feel good all over.
Compassionate touch makes you feel alive and beautiful.
Touch is so important. It is healing, nourishing and reassuring. Touch helps us to feel grounded and connected. It makes us whole again and keeps us connected to one another and with our divinity.
During pregnancy, a caring, compassionate touch is especially vital to the mother's physical and emotional well-being. Regardless of individual circumstances, a pregnant woman's body is challenged, changed and stressed. Your self esteem and body image are challenged in ways that can be overwhelming.
Without touch and empathy, dealing with the constant stresses of pregnancy can become nearly impossible, affecting you and the life rapidly growing inside of you.
Being in the company of an attentive, non-judgmental therapist as they palpate your muscles and move their hands across your body puts the power of therapeutic touch to maximum use.
Our massages gives special attention to you, the mother-to-be, giving your body permission to respond as necessary. When you feel good, and calm and taken care of so does your new baby!
Did you know that???...
Massage can be given during the birth as well as after making both experiences easier and more comfortable. If you need us to make a house call or hospital visit we will!!
How do you lie on the table?
After the first trimester we don't recommend laying face down, because of the pressure that puts on your growing belly. Plus your breast tissue becomes more tender, so we want to avoid hurting them.
That's why you'll either be on your back for part of the massage (with pillows to keep you comfortable) while we massage and stretch your legs, pelvis, hips, feet, arms, hands, upper chest muscles, face and scalp.
Then, you'll turn and lay on your side (alternating sides with your legs comfortably propped with a bolster) while we massage and stretch your neck, shoulders, back, butt muscles, hips and back of your legs.
How much does a prenatal massage cost?
An hour-long prenatal massage session cost $70. A 90-minute prenatal massage is just $95.
We accept credit cards and cash too.
Your massage includes:
- a private treatment room
- beautiful relaxation music
- soft lighting
- heated massage table
- hand mixed all natural massage oils
- therapeutic grade essential aromatherapy
- 400 count Egyptian Cotton linens
- warm blankets and plenty of bolsters and pillows to keep your comfortable.
We do not accept insurance, but you may be able to get reimbursed from your insurance company if you can get a prescription for massage (out of medical necessity) from your midwife or doctor.
Please make your reservation today by contacting Milwaukee's Best Massage. Call 414-899-1905. Email email@example.com.
INTAKE FORM - Massage Evaluation & Acknowledgment
(please fill out, print and bring with you to appointment)
All contents copyrighted 2010-2011. Milwaukee's Best Massage.